Counselling and Psychotherapy Links
- The Counselling Directory is a confidential service that encourages those in distress to seek help. The directory contains information on many different types of distress, as well as articles, news, and events. To ensure the professionalism of our website, all counsellors have provided us with qualifications and insurance cover or proof of membership with a professional body.
Below is a list of associations and groups which will be able to provide you with the relevant support for your circumstances. I would like to thank Melissa Cann for her permission to reproduce this list from http://counselling-directory.org.uk
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy.
- British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
The BACP is the leading accrediting body for UK counsellors and psychotherapists.
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
The BPC is an association of institutions, made up of psychoanalysts, analytical psychologists, psychoanalytic psychotherapists and child psychotherapists.
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
The BPS is the representative body for psychology and psychologists in the UK.
- Counselling and Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA)
COSCA is Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy.
- College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
COSRT is a national charity which has been established for over thirty years.
- Federation of Drug & Alcohol Professionals (FDAP)
The FDAP is the professional body for practitioners in the substance use field.
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are responsible for the statutory regulation of 15 different health professions.
- Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
An association responsible for developing and maintaining professional standards of counselling and psychotherapy in Ireland.
- The National Counselling Society (NCS)
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations. In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UKCP is a comprehensive register of UK Psychotherapists.
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (UKAHPP)
The UKAHPP is a national accrediting organisation for all those who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology in their work.
- Society for Philosophy in Practice (SPP)
The SPP is a professional organisation which aims to promote philosophical counselling, Socratic Dialogue, Philosophy for Children in particular, and the use of philosophy in general, as a way for all people to benefit from philosophical reflection in their lives.
- The Association for Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (AREBT)
The AREBT holds a register of accredited REBT practitioners who have undertaken a recognised in-depth training programme.
- The Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP)
The Association of Child Psychotherapists is a professional body for psychoanalytic child and adolescent psychotherapists in the UK.
- The Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
The ACC provides a register of Christian counsellors.
- The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT)
The British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) is the professional organisation for art therapists in the United Kingdom.
- The College of Psychoanalysts (CP-UK)
The CP-UK is a professional body for psychoanalytic practitioners in the United Kingdom.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
A company aiming to help those with an alcohol addiction through support and meetings.
A free helpline for children and young people in the UK, call 0800 1111 to talk about any problem.
- Cruse Bereavement Care
Help and support for those who have suffered a loss.
The UK’s leading family support charity.
The leading mental health charity in England and Wales.
The biggest organisation specialising in relationship counselling and support in the UK.
A charity available 24 hours a day offering a confidential listening service to anyone in distress.
- Victim Support
A national charity that helps anyone who has been affected by crime.
- Association for Counselling and Therapy Online
A professional and user-friendly association of psychological therapists who work online.
A resource for people with problems relating to the reproductive system.
- Co-ordinated Action Against Domestic Abuse (CAADA)
CAADA is a national charity providing practical support to professionals and organisations working with domestic abuse victims.
- Do You Panic
This site is dedicated to helping people who suffer at the hands of repetitive panic or anxiety.
An independent drugs crisis, information and support charity that provides free and confidential information and support.
- Healing Well
This website contains information and resources on a number of diseases, disorders and chronic illnesses. Browse their online bookstore or speak to others in their forums and chat rooms.
- Male Health
Fast, free independent health information on all subjects for men of all ages from the Men’s Health Forum.
- Medical News Today
Medical News Today gathers all the latest articles related to health news and medical news and present them to an international audience of health professionals.
- One in Four
One in Four has offices both in Ireland and in the UK and work with women and men who have experienced sexual violence either as a adult or as a child.
- Sands (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society)
Sands is an organisation supporting anyone affected by the death of a baby and promoting research to reduce the loss of babies lives.
- Stop it Now!
A free confidential helpline for adults concerned about child sexual abuse, including those worried about the behaviour of someone they know and those concerned about their own thoughts and behaviour towards children.
- Straight Partners Anonymous
Straight Partners Anonymous (SPA) is a support group for straight people whose partners are gay, lesbian, or bisexual.
- Time To Change
Time to Change is a website attempting to end the stigma and discrimination that faces people with mental health problems.
- Together UK
A leading UK Mental Health Charity working alongside each person with mental health issues on their journey towards greater wellbeing.
- WAY Foundation (Widowed And Young)
WAY offers support and friendship to young bereaved people, whatever their circumstances, however long ago their partner died.
- Women’s Aid
Women’s Aid is the key national charity in England for women and children experiencing physical, sexual or emotional abuse in their homes.
- Youth Information
The National Youth Agency’s information toolkit for young people and all those working with them.
The Tadcaster Citizen is not responsible for the content of external websites
- The body of a man has been recovered from the river in York January 2, 2017
- Tour de Yorkshire 2017 December 3, 2016
- Helping Sonny Stick Two’s Up To CF September 23, 2015
- Tadcaster Fire Brigade Cuts September 20, 2015
- Tadcaster Young Firefighters September 17, 2015
- 92-year-old from Tadcaster honoured by Vladimir Putin August 25, 2015
- Tadcaster Duck Race 2015 August 17, 2015
- Barnados Footpath Action Group Update July 27, 2015
- Carnival Day July 19, 2015
- It’s Carnival Time… July 19, 2015
Follow Us On Facebook
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
Tadcaster Police Station is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm.
You can contact your local police by dialling 101.
Please dial 999 in an emergency, if your safety is under threat or if you see a crime in progress.
Please note opening times may be subject to change at short notice according to operational requirements.
North Yorkshire Police