Residents urged to lock up at night following another two-in-one burglary
Overnight between 10.30pm on Tuesday 23 July 2013 and 6am the following morning, burglars broke into a house on Ingleby Drive through an insecure window.
Once inside the house, they stole the keys to a Volkswagen Passat before stealing the car which was parked outside.
Also taken in the burglary were a handbag, two wallets, a Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone, a Blackberry Bold smart phone, a HP lap-top and a Samsung Net-book.
Anyone who saw or heard any suspicious activity in the Ingleby Drive area of Tadcaster is urged to contact North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2 and ask for Tadcaster Police.
Or you can pass information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Please quote incident number 12130124140 when passing on information about this crime.
North Yorkshire Police are doing all they can to bring the offenders to justice, but they need members of the public to help in the fight against crime and take the most basic crime prevention measures.
Officers are urging members of the public to always lock their doors and accessible windows at night and when they leave the house, and to always hide their valuables away from view, including car keys.
Understandably, the hot weather is leading to home owners leaving windows open to air rooms. However the thieves know this and will seize any opportunity to enter insecure premises. Please be vigilant and make sure your home and outbuildings are secure.
Please follow our basic crime prevention advice to avoid becoming a victim
- Hide your keys away at night where thieves cannot see them or easily find them
- Lock doors, garages, sheds and gates – even when you are at home
- Downstairs windows should only be open if you are in the room
- Don’t tempt thieves by leaving valuables on view through windows, letterboxes or cat-flaps.
- Always lock your car and remove valuables
- Keep your car in the garage if you have one. If thieves can’t see your car – they can’t steal it.
- Fit a car alarm or tracking device if finances allow and remember to use them
- Don’t leave garden implements or tools outside as thieves can use these to gain entry to your property
- Leave a light and radio on when you go out at night
- Make it part of your routine to check all windows and doors before you go to bed or go out
- The body of a man has been recovered from the river in York January 2, 2017
- Tour de Yorkshire 2017 December 3, 2016
- Helping Sonny Stick Two’s Up To CF September 23, 2015
- Tadcaster Fire Brigade Cuts September 20, 2015
- Tadcaster Young Firefighters September 17, 2015
- 92-year-old from Tadcaster honoured by Vladimir Putin August 25, 2015
- Tadcaster Duck Race 2015 August 17, 2015
- Barnados Footpath Action Group Update July 27, 2015
- Carnival Day July 19, 2015
- It’s Carnival Time… July 19, 2015
Follow Us On Facebook
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
Tadcaster Police Station is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm.
You can contact your local police by dialling 101.
Please dial 999 in an emergency, if your safety is under threat or if you see a crime in progress.
Please note opening times may be subject to change at short notice according to operational requirements.
North Yorkshire Police