Tadcaster Bridge Now Open
At 12:40 today the bridge in Tadcaster over the River Wharfe was re-opened…
At 10:30 this morning the dive team from GW Marine Systems arrived in Tadcaster to make another attempt to assess any damage to the structure of the bridge. Their last attempt on Friday was abandoned due to strong undertow which made the inspection impossible.
Today however, after an hour of anticipation the diver returned from the river with his assessment. There was no structural damage to the bridge…
At 12:07 the bridge over the river Wharfe was reopened to foot traffic.
At 12:40 the Highways Agency had removed the last of the fences and bollards and re-opened the bridge.
Tadcaster Mayor Steve Cobb was among the first to cross the bridge, escorted by Paul Lewis who has played an integral part in coordinating the reopening of the bridge. Steve Cobb also thanked the dive survey team, Highways Agency and many others involved personally.
Many people in Tadcaster have commented on the quality of service which we have received during the bridge closure, the feeling is that everyone involved has done a remarkable job.
- The body of a man has been recovered from the river in York January 2, 2017
- Tour de Yorkshire 2017 December 3, 2016
- Helping Sonny Stick Two’s Up To CF September 23, 2015
- Tadcaster Fire Brigade Cuts September 20, 2015
- Tadcaster Young Firefighters September 17, 2015
- 92-year-old from Tadcaster honoured by Vladimir Putin August 25, 2015
- Tadcaster Duck Race 2015 August 17, 2015
- Barnados Footpath Action Group Update July 27, 2015
- Carnival Day July 19, 2015
- It’s Carnival Time… July 19, 2015
Follow Us On Facebook
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
Tadcaster Police Station is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm.
You can contact your local police by dialling 101.
Please dial 999 in an emergency, if your safety is under threat or if you see a crime in progress.
Please note opening times may be subject to change at short notice according to operational requirements.
North Yorkshire Police