Volunteer Litter Pickers in Tadcaster
Some of the volunteers out picking up litter in Tadcaster
COULD I thank the group of enthusiastic volunteers who turned out on Saturday on the first litter pick by the Tadcaster litter collectors’ group.
It was very heartening to have so many young people getting involved and being willing to give up their time to help improve the town.
A dozen of us spent two hours clearing the river bank and collected 14 bin bags of plastic bottles, tin cans and various other pieces of rubbish.
This was our first organised clean and we hope that when people see the difference that can be made they will want to join us.
The idea is that we have groups of people willing to adopt areas of the town and take on the responsibility of keeping their adopted areas clear of litter.
If we can attract enough people then eventually Tadcaster can start being the town it should be.
If anyone reading would like to join us please get in contact through our Facebook page or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
David March, Springhill Court, Tadcaster.
- The body of a man has been recovered from the river in York January 2, 2017
- Tour de Yorkshire 2017 December 3, 2016
- Helping Sonny Stick Two’s Up To CF September 23, 2015
- Tadcaster Fire Brigade Cuts September 20, 2015
- Tadcaster Young Firefighters September 17, 2015
- 92-year-old from Tadcaster honoured by Vladimir Putin August 25, 2015
- Tadcaster Duck Race 2015 August 17, 2015
- Barnados Footpath Action Group Update July 27, 2015
- Carnival Day July 19, 2015
- It’s Carnival Time… July 19, 2015
Follow Us On Facebook
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- November 2012
- September 2012
Tadcaster Police Station is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm.
You can contact your local police by dialling 101.
Please dial 999 in an emergency, if your safety is under threat or if you see a crime in progress.
Please note opening times may be subject to change at short notice according to operational requirements.
North Yorkshire Police